Dr. Henderson has been teaching music for over thirty years.
She recognizes and nurtures the unique talents and interests of each of her students. Her teaching philosophy is based on the belief that each person learns at an individual pace, therefore her method is designed to support the individual needs of the students. Her studies with some of the best teachers in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, and the USA, have allowed her to develop a teaching approach that combines the best qualities of different piano schools. She teaches students of all ages and all levels.
Her Art of Music Studio is located in Eagle Rock, in the vicinity of Pasadena, La Canada, San Marino, and Glendale. She is a member of the Music Teachers’ Association of California, so her students have an opportunity to perform at numerous recitals, festivals, and competitions, and
participate in the Certificate of Merit program.
Dr. Henderson offers various programs in the Art of Music Studio that include:
- private piano classes from beginning to
advanced levels (for children and adults). Concert performance consultations,
piano master classes, and classes for college preparation are also available;
- preparation for the Certificate of Merit evaluation program with certification from Preparatory through Level 10 (Advanced)
- preparation for AP Music Theory
- group keyboard classes for young children
- theory, ear training, playing by ear, sight reading, and solfege classes that can be taken separately or as a part of the piano study;
- music appreciation and music history classes.
Dr. Henderson has taught more than a hundred private piano students. She has also taught group classes of piano, ensemble performance, and theory for children and adults while working at the Los Angeles Yamaha Music School (1994-1997). She has been trained and certified to teach young children by the Yamaha Music Corporation (1994), Kindermusik (2006), and FUNdamentals of Music (2009).
READ REVIEWS AND QUOTES